Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother's Day

May 8, 2011 --- My first mother's day abroad.  Little by little, the idea of being far from home creeps into my mind. There is a realization of the fact that I'm away from my native land. At first, I just kinda ignore that this is a different place. I wanted to stay focused on my new career while still enjoying my freedom. Freedom, to which I've been enjoying in the past 4 years after graduating from college.

As I slowly look back and reminisce what happened a year ago, I felt so empty this time. I was then so lucky to have been able to visit my mom's grave and had a small chat with her ( in spirit). But now, it feels so odd...Everything feels so barren...

Then, I decided to call almost everyone in the Philippines... But, WTF...they don't even answer my calls... I miss everybody... I miss the place... I miss the memories... How I wish they could all go here so we could spend our lives together...  I couldn't really hope to go home this time because that would mean one thing--- FAILURE. I cannot let myself lose with this direful situation. I guess it's never easy to be in a foreign land. I guess, I wouldn't just give up...

After a million attempts to reach almost everyone... finally, a few guys were kind enough to answer my call. First, was my father...then, my friend Donna...and lastly, my bestfriend, Abbie. A little chit chats and "how are you -thing " made my day.=)

And it seems this very day is a NOT-SO ORDINARY DAY because Pacman won the fight against Mosley. I miss watching his games with my family and/or friends back home.


Since it's a Sunday, I woke up early and went to Kota Raya to meet my friend, Anndz ( who will be having her 2 week-vacation in the Philippines this Thursday). Just the thought of her going home, makes me feel a little envious. But of course, I can't be weak this time and quit...


I also met 2 other Filipinas while I was heading to Pasar Seni. Ate Liz and Ate Rose were friendly enough to talk to me while we're on the train. In the afternoon, I went to church with Roy and we lit some candles and had our prayers.  I asked God to enlighten my spirit and free my mind from all the worries that keep on boggling me in the past few days. I think, it really helped me a lot to get back on the track.


Luckily, this friend of mine is so fond of going places and likes  to spend his day off outside their condo. We ended up going in a mall called The Curve in Kota Damansara. It was a new sight for me so I enjoyed the luscious scenery that seems to fit for someone who is looking for solitude. After a couple of hours of shopping, where I got my Maybelline cosmetics at a discounted price =) , Roy and I went to Songbox for a videoke galore. How I wish  I have taken a video, or even a photo of him while singing Bohemian Rhapsody...  ^_^   I also had the chance to cross paths with Roy's friends, Naisa and Angel. We went home together around past in the evening.


The day passed by so fast and I didn't even notice that I almost went into an emotional outburst earlier on the same day. I think I'm getting more preposterous nowadays... (sigh)

No comments: